Wayne & Belle

Wayne & Belle
Sassamat Lake

Saturday 9 July 2011

Let them eat cake

Thank you Mr. Verwoerd I have often wondered how the HST came about, one scenario pictured Mr. Campbell sitting on a toilet 3 days after the election, having a sudden epiphany and shouting EUREKA I have the answer and thats what came out of it the HST


The second involvers a phone call and the conversation goes something like this “Hi Gordon it’s Steven, I know your Premier days are coming to an end anyway so how would you like to end your political life with the best job the Canadian government can offer, it comes complete with Rolls and driver and every perk you can imagine, all you have to do is wait a few days after the BC election and bring in a HST tax, it’s not as though you will ever be running for Premier again anyway, Gord I can guaranty this will be a lot better than one of those boring corporate jobs you have been promised, so what do you think

It would seem both of those were wrong, it was your idea, I am so glad we cleared that up. 

I love your “ LET THEM EAT CAKE ANALOGY, in my case I should just eat more pain killers I guess, and tough it out ( at least pain killers is one medication that medicare pays for )  and keep an eye out for a good deal on a used wheelchair, and as far as my absurd comment about people being put out in the street I wouldn’t want to burst your little bubble of complacency by suggesting you actually read about the sad state of many of the citizens of BC. BC has one of the highest numbers of mortgages in arrears in Canada, the highest debt service ratio, paying 9.4 percent of disposable income to service debt interest payments, and the highest  consumer insolvency rate in Canada. 

This is not my opinion but facts put out by DBRS. 

Oh I am forgetting the Conservative mantra Believe the unbelievable, deny the undeniable.

Wayne Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment