Wayne & Belle

Wayne & Belle
Sassamat Lake

Thursday 7 July 2011

Consumption tax could be fair

Re: Consumption is a fair tax

Consumption could be a fair tax, but this particular HST consumption tax the people of BC are voting on is anything but. 

I have been called a lot of names over the years but I have to admit I was shocked when I saw the name at the bottom of the letter, Marco Terwiel, as I have always admired him as an outspoken doctor whose heart always seemed to be in the right place. 
One of the reasons I was surprised was his criticisms of my massage treatments and their cost, they have even been reported in the MR News right back to Oct 7/2009, this is hardly a secret.
I have been complaining about GST on massage treatments and the associated costs even before the HST which just makes it worse. If you had read my letter I actually said I would be paying more than $1000 HST on massage therapy next year, which is absolutely true, do the math I need two hours a week to control my Fibromyalgia and as a doctor I would think you would understand that. As far as the rest of it I am certainly not happy about the money spent on renovations but after 21 years what am I to do. 

All I hear from you pro-HSTers is wishful thinking, fear mongering, some are afraid the sky will fall, others think that the government will punish us if we do not give them what they want and Mr. Terwiel is rightly afraid that the government will cut even more from the health care and hospitals, I can certainly appreciate that as I have been going to Surrey Memorial hospital emergency room over the last week and it looks like something out of the third world. 
What makes any of you believe they will not take even more money away anyway, I will never bye the pyg in the poke, especially knowing who the salespeople are.

If Gordon Campbell's HST is such a great deal why is there not one even one of it’s champions willing to debate the bloody thing?

Wayne Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment