Wayne & Belle

Wayne & Belle
Sassamat Lake

Friday 8 July 2011

How low can you go

Re: Consumption is a fair tax The News July 5/2011
Ann Rostvic asks the question "Ask yourself if it’s reasonable for someone to claim he spends $1,000 in HST on massage therapy " that equates to more than $8,000 in fees in one year”?. 
Well Ann it actually works out to $9,318 a year including the $1000 HST. 
Lets see if the rest of you people think it is a reasonable expense or even a necessity. I suffer from Fibromyalgia and if you know anyone that has it, it has been described as a full body migraine your body  literally turns to stone,  in my case I was told by a Rheumatologist that I should have been in a wheelchair in 1996 but by experimenting with different medications, and  treatments costing tens of thousands of dollars of my own money, for example chelation therapy $260 dollars a treatment, or IMS which  I credit for bringing me back from the edge and keeping me from sitting in that wheelchair $150 a treatment  for many years and IMS is unfortunately not covered by medical, and literally hundreds of other dead ends which I just paid for and moved on in my search. 
I was off work for 2-2 year periods and then had to take a medical severance from my job in 1999. To make a long story short I have found a few things that actually work for my condition and enable me to control my Fibromyalgia for the most part, as it is an incurable  disease at this time but it can be controlled. When I first started IMS my body was hard as a rock I was literally turning to stone but I finally got to the point that that my flesh was soft enough that registered massage therapy could keep me mobile. It has been a long expensive struggle but I have been my own advocate and have this condition under control for the most part, I still get flair-up’s if I get run down or do something stupid, it is all about doing a lot of things right and not doing the things that don’t agree with my condition. 
I wonder Miss Rostvig do you have any idea how much money it takes to look after someone in a wheelchair, well I can tell you it is a lot more than $9000 dollars a year.
 As far as the governments help besides the $1000 in HST not only does medicare not pay for any of the medications or most of the treatments I have used to get back to the state of health that I enjoy today, in fact I can not even claim them on my income taxes, as they are things like injectable vitamin B6-B12, Guaifenesin, and a few other non-prescription costs such as the swimming I have to do regularly to keep mobile and in shape. 
I have actually written a book about my success with treating Fibromyalgia.
I have beaten Fibromyalgia, do you think anything someone like you could say about me, lies, discrediting, demonizing, however far you are willing to go, I have been through far worse that you can dish out, and really it says more about you than it does me. 

I am sure none of this means a thing to you and the other pro-HST advocates as they will say or do anything to achieve Mr Campbell’s dream and you obviously only think of yourself at the best of times.  
PS see Wayne on Fibromyalgia blog ( not the book)
Wayne Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment