Wayne & Belle

Wayne & Belle
Sassamat Lake

Friday 13 January 2012

AUTOCRAT

One of my NeoCon fans in addition to all the other derogatory slurs that have been heaped upon my person has just called me an AUTOCRAT can you believe it, that has to be the most erroneous use of the word I can imagine. 
Even though I am one of the 60 percent of the voters that did not vote for Steven Harper, that is of course of the 60 percent of registered voters that bothered to vote at all, and overall one of the 83.15 percent of all Canadians that did not vote for the Harper government of Canada, the reality is I have absolutely no power whatsoever.

Harper has given control over Canadians civil and human rights to America a paranoid bankrupt country that turns more into a police state every day and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, the government of Steven Harper can engage in secret so called free trade agreements that he can sell off the very ground we stand on, the water we drink, the air we breath and there is nothing I can do about it, the Harper government of Canada can build pipelines, put your children in jail for smoking pot or anything they want and there is nothing I can do about it. 

Dear fan I know there is nothing the Harper government could do that you would not totally agree with like any good NeoCon fanatic, but the realty is that Harper has no mandate from the Canadian people to do any of these things, other than arguably putting all our children in jail for smoking pot.

In any legitimate democracy the government of the day has to have a mandate from the voters to implement major changes like taking away Canadian human and civil rights, having secret meetings without a mandate that can affect all our Canadian resources including water, not to mention the very essence of our society. 

If this is no longer a democracy we definitely can do something about that.

If you are going to use the word autocrat at least use it in it’s proper context, 
 "a ruler who has absolute power", and we all know who that description fits. 


This is definitely not the freedom or democracy my father went off and fought for.
Wayne Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment